David Rogers is a successful wildlife and landscape photographer, author, photographic teacher and guide. With the development of Photos&Africa, David is now helping people get to the right places at the right times to photograph Africa’s best wilderness areas. His career following his passions has led him to achieve the following:
- After his degree in environmental science, he embarked on a lengthy career as a photojournalist for Getaway magazine with some 200 features and 24 covers.
- David has written 12 books, which focus on Africa’s greatest destinations, landscapes, safari lodges and photography.
- As a freelance journalist, he has written many features for leading magazines such as Africa Geographic, Geo, Travel Africa, National Geographic Traveller and Conde Nast USA.
- David has been guiding as a private photographic guide for some 12 years, specializing in Zambia, Kenya, Botswana and South Africa. He also runs workshops in Cape Town.
- David has done commercial photo shoots for many of the top safari lodges in Africa, which are featured in his 6 books on safari lodges.
- He founded the Steenberg Photographic Club in Cape Town.
- He developed Photos&Africa–a portal for photographers looking for the best opportunities in Africa.
- David lives in Cape Town with his wife Jenni and their two boys; together they travel and research great African experiences for their community.